Thursday, June 24, 2010

Distant

Mind like ocean, I sit. 
Watching the ripple of the water; see me. 
Under the surface, I cannot realize.
           Intimidating.
I know it’s soft waves,
                  peacefully
         slapping the sandy shore,
                          deceptive.
I sit gazing.  A faint smile upon my face. 
         Calmly responding.
         Distant.
Filled with emotions, the story goes.
         Encompassing immense quantities, the mind.
Years of memories:
                   imagesemotionssmellssensations.

Visibly at peace, I feel a whirlwind.
                  My mind.
    Struggling with words.
Watching the ocean, feeling at one. 
             Seeing only flat surface, unable to comprehend
                                                            the life within.

Breaking skin, confronting the mysteries.
A mass of diversity. 
         Hurricane,
                sea splitting--exposing.
Debris left along the shore. 
My mind spent, words settle around me.
         I Regret.
                 I Sleep.

No comments: